India has one of the best unforgettable and most spectacular rail journeys in the world and is a governmental entity that falls under the Ministry Of Railways. in this article we will discuss Indian Railway Reservation System. It is the transport lifeline of the nation and is has the third-largest railway network in the world.
There are more than 11000 locomotives and 70000 passenger coaches available in the Indian railways and it has a network covering all the urban, Suburban, coastal areas, hilly regions, and countryside areas along with all the possible ways of making your journey memorable and easier one.
With the help of modern perspectives and technological advancement, Indian railways have several aspects and have become more effortless with time as it provides hassle-free and uncomplicated train ticket booking.
Reservation in Indian railways
- Previously for train inquiry and reservation for ticket a person used to stand in queue which would have been hectic but now with proper smartphones and internet connection one can easily get the railway inquiry and reservation done online.
- A person can book their train ticket 120 days prior in general quota while if there is an emergency for traveling one can book the ticket in tatkal.
- There is every possible help provided by the Indian railways while booking a ticket and through Indian railway reservations, you will be able to know different travel classes and quotas with different timings.
- Between 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. are the opening hours of general quota while between 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. is the opening hours of tatkal quota moreover, if you want to book in a non AC tatkal quota then the opening hours of the counter is between 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- If you want to check the seat availability in Indian railways then you must visit indianrail.gov.in where you will be asked to provide the journey date source station, destination station, train number, quota, and class and then you can choose your train as per your choice.
- For booking train ticket you need to click on the berth or seat booking and the booking option will take you to the IRCTC website where you can easily book your train ticket.
- For online booking, you have IRTC app and website or railyatri.com where you can easily book a ticket.
Reservation of ticket as per classes
There are different classes and coaters available in Indian railways which include tatkal, general, ladies, premium tatkal, parliament House, defense, Yuva, and duty pass.
- AC first class: AC first-class provide the most comfortable railway journey with no disturbance and proper privacy as it comes with latest facilities spacious coaches and bigger cabins.
- AC second class: AC second class is just lower to the first-class AC when it comes to facilities but provides you a guaranteed similar travel experience and you can select it for less expensive and comfortable journey.
- AC third class: AC third class may not be providing you with features and facilities while traveling but if you are looking for only air-conditioned coaches this is the best class for you.
- AC chair car: AC chair car is for those who will be traveling for few hours so that they can comfortably sit in air-conditioned coaches and travel within a short period of time.
- Sleeper class: The sleeper class is the most affordable and budget-friendly for the people traveling but it comes without an air-conditioned coach.
- General Coach: if a person hasn’t been able to book a ticket or it has been in the waiting list they can opt for a general quota by booking a daily ticket but it is very much crowded and you might not be getting a place to sit.
Learn more Indian railway travel class
Thus, everybody wants a tension-free safe journey with a lot of adventures and nostalgia. The technology which is provided to us, make sure to use the most of it, by accessing the schedule making plans for a great journey by train.