Before planning any holidays, vacations or business meets we always check the timetable of the transport we are using. Most people use the train journey as the simplest and easiest means of transport. The department of railways along with the government has provided us with a large scale of railway networks and by simply checking the schedule or time table of the train provided by the IRCTC website or any other portals we can travel from one destination to another without any hassle.
Most people find it very nostalgic and adventurous when it comes to a journey by train such as the sight scenes, the sound of tracks. To keep updated and to check the list of trains that are running between the particular destination on knowing about the roots of the train or other information one must keep a proficient look on the time table easily available online. There are quite a number of trains running like Duronto, local ones, Shatabdi, premier trains, super-fast trains, intercity ones, and the time table of each of the train provide us the information about the schedule, arrival time, halts, routes, departure time and many other queries.
If one doesn’t get the reservation or tickets on their desired train, they can try to find different trains running on the same route using the schedule of other trains. The schedule of the train helps the people in comparing the price of the ticket along with each and every information required by the passenger. The advanced technology has been playing an important role for not only travelers but also the department of railways by providing information, online bookings, and schedule just within a few seconds.
Why is the online timetable important for the users?
Here are a few points as follows-
- We come to know about the departure and arrival time of the train.
- know about the halt and route the train takes.
- We can make the plan of the tour by looking at the seat availability and running status of the train along with its fare.
- We come to know about the different timings of premier trains, locals, superfast trains, intercity express, and many more.
But few things such as cancellation or delaying of trains due to situations like bad climate or any other trouble or striking off staff cannot be found updated in the schedule provided online. Whereas, in other ways, checking the schedule of the train is the best way to consider and look for and getting to know all the information about the train.
How to check the schedule of the train using IRCTC or RailYatri website
- Browse the IRCTC or RailYatri website using any browser
- A page will open where on the left corner it’s written the train time table
- You need to provide the name of the train
- By clicking on CHECK TIME TABLE, you’ll get a layout of the train where you will find the arrival time, departure time, and name of the stations where the train will take a halt at which accurate time.
- You will also find the days of weeks the train runs.
There are many other portals where you can easily check the schedule of the train. You can also download applications from app stores, such as IRCTC, RailYatri, Where is my train, and many more. By logging in them with your username or id and password and follow the same procedure mentioned above on the website.
How to check the schedule of the train via SMS:
- 139 is the Indian Railway Helpline number
- You need to send an SMS in ‘AD’ format in the number 139
- AD NNNNN MMM
- Where NNNNN is the five-digit train number and MMM is the STD code of the chosen station
- Then you will receive the schedule and other information about the train via SMS
Thus, everybody wants a tension-free safe journey with a lot of adventures and nostalgia. The technology which is provided to us, make sure to use the most of it, by accessing the schedule making plans for a great journey by train.
Read More – How to check PNR status