Learn how to book Tatkal ticket, if you want to go somewhere for a long journey, then you have to register for at least one month to get a seat. But if any of your work comes immediately, you can get a confirmed ticket through Tatkal ticket booking scheme. But for this, you have to spend more money than a normal ticket. Today we will tell how to book Tatkal Ticket online.
What is Tatkal ticket reservation?
To provide reservations to passengers who have to travel by train at short notice.
Tatkal tickets can be booked one day before the date of travel from the point of origin of the train.
You can book Tatkal tickets online at https://irctc.co.in
Tatkal ticket booking timing
- AC Class – 10:00 AM
- Sleeper class – 11:00 am
IRCTC Tatkal Ticket booking Rules
Online Tatkal E-Ticket at IRCTC is made AC at 10:00 AM and Sleeper ticket at 11:00 AM.
IRCTC Online Tatkal E-Ticket is made a day before. Let’s understand the meaning of the day before if a train is going from New Delhi to Mumbai and you have to book a Tatkal ticket from GOA, understand the train New Delhi leaving 08:00 PM and the date is 20/01/2020 then IRCTC Online Tatkal E-Ticket Booking one day before mean date 19/01/2020 at 11:00 am (sleeper) and At 10:00 am (AC) tickets will be made, It simply means that one day before the train from where the train is leaving, which means if you are booking tickets from Goa also then on 19/01/2020 at 11:00 AM for Sleeper and 10:00 AM for AC.
How to book Tatkal tickets?
You can get Tatkal tickets from the PRS counter from the railway station or create an account at IRCTC.
- Login to the IRCTC website 5-10 minutes ago.
- For Tatkal tickets, you can book only four passengers per PNR.
- There are 10:00 AM for AC tickets and 11:00 AM for non-AC tickets.
- Select the original destination.
- Choose your date of travel.
- Click Submit.
- Now select Kota as “TATKAL”.
- Click Book now for today’s date for any train.
- Fill all the details carefully like Name, Age, Gender, Seat Preference, etc.
- Please tick the checkbox “Book only if confirmation berths are allocated.”
- Enter captcha carefully.
- Select your bank for payment.
What you should have during online Tatkal E-Ticket Booking at IRCTC
1. A mobile phone (Android OR Windows OR Apple) will happen by having one.
2. Good thing if you have a LAPTOP
3. Internet connection 3G or 4G (but 4G is better).
4. Any Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome)
5. Login to IRCTC 10 to 15 minutes ago
6. Write the name, age in a paper or notepad in laptop
7. I if you want to make payment with ATM card, then keep them with you
8. If you are booking Ticket from mobile, then keep the mobile in full network which will not disconnect your Internet connection
9. Typing (typing) is better as soon as you do it because it will make Online Tatkal E-Ticket Booking Confirm in IRCTC.
10. Fill the details in the form as soon as possible
What is the additional charge for Tatkal ticket?
Tatkal fare – Minimum 30% fare of the base fair.
|Class of Travel||
|Second Seating||₹ 10||₹ 15|
|Sleeper||₹ 100||₹ 200|
|AC Chair Car||₹ 125||₹ 225|
|AC 3 Tier||₹ 300||₹ 400|
|AC 2 Tier||₹ 400||₹ 500|
|Executive||₹ 400||₹ 500|
Can I cancel a Tatkal ticket? How much refund can I get for Tatkal tickets?
Yes, you can cancel Tatkal tickets, but no refund will be given for cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets. For the cancellation of Tatkal tickets and a waiting list, the fee will be deducted as per the existing railway rules.
Is Tatkal ticket (W / L) refundable?
As per the return and refund policy of Indian Railways, an unconfirmed ticket will be canceled automatically after the chart is prepared before the departure of the train, that is, 2 – 4 hours before. First, confirm whether your ticket was confirmed during chart preparation.
If I confirm some passengers and some get waiting list (W / L) a Tatkal ticket?
Some passengers are in Confirm (CNF), and some passengers are in WL status on the same ticket.
If charting is not yet done, the WL passenger can obtain a confirmed seat after charting.
All passengers can travel, and their names will be displayed in the chart
Tickets can be cancelled up to 30 minutes before the train leaves.
How to check PNR status of Tatkal ticket
When a passenger makes a Tatkal booking and is put on a waiting list, the status is shown as TQWL. This ticket is the least likely to be confirmed.
To check your Tatkal ticket PNR status, visit https://www.pnrstatus.io and type in the PNR number, Click on ‘Get PNR Status’ button and instantly get the updated PNR Status result.